I must tell you...this pattern was a challenge for me. Firstly, the chart comes in the form of a teeny-tiny graph. I had to enlarge it a great deal just to make it readable.
After that, I foolishly decided that I would do it 1 thread over 1.
I'm not sure it would have really changed anything doing it 2 over 2, because I still would have had to stitch that horribly long meandering path and I'm still not in love with the red (apples?) scattered on it. I think a more muted Weeks floss would have been a better choice.
The pattern was really fun in some places...
...like using the Weeks Dye Works thread in Dove to get the clouds just right. I added 2 threads of Kreinik Blending Filament in 100 White to the rain, although you can't see it in this photo.
I also enjoyed getting the sun rays just right...although it still looks a little sunflower-ish to me, lol!
I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea. I really do like this pattern. It's bright, cheerful and makes me feel good when I look at it. It's bound to perk up any room it's hung in!
No pattern is perfect...it's just me being a naysayer. Tell me to stop.
To tie up the last loose end...here is my kit for this project...
I love using those plastic storage cases to store my stuff in. I must have a dozen of the large ones in my craft closet stuffed full of floss, blending filaments and assorted beads for my needlework.
I'll see you when I've finished my next project. Unless I get the urge to rant about it along the way!