Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dutch Treat Designs "Thistle Tabletopper"

This one has been sitting in my stash for quite some time now.  
I purchased this, and several other Tabletopper patterns, at Claudia's wonderful shop located in Livermore, California. 



These patterns make up fairly quickly, though this one was by far the longest project of the bunch.  I think it was due to the corner panels where there is an awful lot of color change going on.

There are several wonderful elements in these designs.  My favorite in this particular pattern was the use of Kreinik Fine Braid #8.

And of course, there is the Nun's Stitch "hem".
(See tutorials here and here)


It is completely explained in the pattern and quite fun to do, though very hard on the hands.  I recommend wearing a bandage or using first aid tape to protect the side of your fingers while pulling on the thread.


My project kit...


Since I bought this pattern, material and threads between 2001-2003, I don't have current cost information.  More details may be found at Dutch Treat Designs.

Until the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment