Saturday, January 10, 2015

Card Making: My First Card!

Okay...there it is.
I have regrets.  
I used to think my mom's hobby was "less than appealing".  She was a stamper/card maker.  
She'd sit for hours in her craft room and play, trying new techniques and churning out cards by the boxful.  It made her happy.  
I wish I had played with her.
Now I find myself (ad)venturing down the same road.
This was my first attempt.  Nothing fancy, just a simple thank you to some new friends who bestowed an unnecessary kindness.

It needs work. 
I didn't get the top layer stuck down on the card below quite straight.  My embossing needs practice. I could have used a little more distress ink around the edges and my spacing is not quite tight enough.  
It's a start. 

Here's what I used:
Gadgets:
Sizzix Big Shot
Fiskars 12" Paper Trimmer
Martha Stewart Score Board
We R Memory Keeper Envelope Punch Board
Fiskars Scalloped Edge Punch
Marvy Embossing Heat Tool

Die & Stamp Sets:
Avery Elle "Thank You Die"
Simon Says Stamp! "Hand Lettered Winter Wishes", SSS101494
Lawn Fawn Clear Stamp Set "Let it Snow", LF-427
2" x 1½" clear stamp block

Paper, Powders & Ink: & Adhesives:
*Bo Bunny Altitude Collection, Altitude Patrol 17101671
*(This was part of Simon Says Stamp Card Kit of the Month JANUARY 2015 WINTER WONDERLAND) ...yeah, I've gone that deep...
Glitter Silver Adhesive Cardstock, GX-2310-02  (purchased at JoAnn Fabrics)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in "Weathered Wood"
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Wow! Embossing Powder in "Opaque Bright White"
Metallic Silver Embossing Powder (inherited from Mom)
Versa Mark Watermark Stamp Pad
Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Washi Tape

Things that made my experience easier!!
Dahle 12" x 18" Vantage Self-Healing Cutting Mat-Black 10671 
Ranger 15-Inch-by-18-Inch Inkssentials Craft Sheet 
Hero Arts Ultra Clean Spray
Ranger Inkssentials Rub-It Scrub-It Rubber Stamp Cleaning Pad, 6-Inch Square
EK Tools Craft Tweezers
Scissors
Huggies Baby Wipes


(Thank you, Mom...I miss you)
Until next entry, Diary!








PS....I'd like to thank a couple of the ladies I've been learning from on YouTube:
K Werner Design
Jennifer McGuire Ink
Nichol Magouirk
It's been eye opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment